Welcome to the pH-Mb wiki! This wiki is about the technical aspects of Sky Broadband and TV. Note that we are not affiliated with BSkyB or NDS in any way.
- Home Page
- pH-Mb Forums
- ExPVR - Sky+ HD recording extractor.
- Sky Router Tool - Sky Broadband router statistics tool.
3rd Party Routers
Sky Router Details
- Netgear DG834GT
- Netgear DG934G
- Sagem F@ST 2504
- D-Link DSL-2640s
- SagemCom F@ST 2304n
- SagemCom F@ST 2504n
Sky Router Firmware Modification
Sky HD Box Models
Sky+ HD Box Models
- Thompson DSI8215 - 300GB
- Samsung HDSKY - 300GB
- Samsung HDSKY 500 - 500GB
- Pace TDS850NB - 300GB
- Amstrad DRX780 - 300GB
- Amstrad_Sky DRX890 - 500GB
- Amstrad_Sky DRX895 - 1.5TB
Sky+ Hard Disk
Sky+ HD Databases
Newer Sky+ firmwares hold most of the recording details in a series of SQLite databases:
- PCAT.DB - Main recording planner database
- FAR.DB - EPG Cache
- MFS.DB - Video file details
- XSI1.DB - EPG Cache for pre-darwin HD boxes (has existed since the new HD planner update)
Legacy (Pre-Darwin) Databases
These have a proprietary format loosely based on dBase. The column definitions and header are in a different format, and the column names are not included, making it difficult to identify all fields. Additionally the data type codes are different and not all are known.
- JOPA - Main recording planner database
- SIGNUP.DBF - Anytime subscriptions (Lists scheduled anytime recordings)
- PMAN.DBF - Scheduled recording details
- CRID.DBF - Unknown
- CMD.DBF - Unknown
- XSETUP.DBF - User settings?
- XCLIENT.DBF - Unknown
On some firmwares these are replaced with files with a "DB3" extension. The format of these is similar but there are a few minor changes.
Each recording folder includes meta data files which contain data required for the box to decode the stream.
- .XMA - Contains records matching certain transport stream packets and references a payload in the *.XMV file.
- .XMB - Temporary XMA for live buffer?
- .XMD - Seems to describe the other files in some way, format unknown
- .XMI - Lists timestamps for each frame to aid in fast forwarding and rewinding
- .XMJ - Temporary XMI for live buffer?